Frequently asked questions
Below you will find answers to frequently asked questions. If you do not find answer to your question, please contact our customer support.
You search - - did not match any documents.
- Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
- Try different keywords.
- Try more general keywords.
Applying for a loan
Who can apply for a loan in Bondora?
Our aim is to provide a secure environment for all borrowers. As a socially responsible business, we have set several requirement so that our customers would avoid problems with repayments. After receiving your loan application, we will check it against the requirements below.
Currently our loan product is available in:
To apply for a loan you must:
- Be in paid employment with sufficient income to cover all monthly expenses
- Not have a history of bad credit such as arrears, default, bankruptcy or an open enforcement proceeding
- Not have a history of gambling problems
- Be at least 18 years old
How do I apply for a loan at Bondora?
You can apply for a loan at Bondora online, 24/7. Our secure online application form takes less than five minutes to complete and we'll give you a quick initial loan offer.
Go to loan application page and follow these steps to apply for loan:
1. Register and submit a loan application
Submit your details to get your personal initial loan offer. Submitting a free loan application is easy, completed entirely via the Internet and takes only 5 minutes of your time.
2. Choose a suitable loan offer
Choose a suitable loan amount and monthly payment according to your capabilities and needs. Our loan offers are personal and with reasonable interest rates.
3. Identify yourself and sign a contract
One-time identification is required for the first loan. The money is transferred to your bank account automatically after the signing of the loan agreement.
How long does it take to apply for a loan?
Applying for a loan consists of several small steps:
- Filling the loan application takes about five to ten minutes.
- After submitting the loan application, you will get an initial loan offer.
- When you have accepted the loan offer, you need to verify your bank account via Trustly. This way we know where to send the money once you have signed loan contract. Verifying your bank takes only a minute and you just need details for your online bank.
- In last step you need to provide your bank statement via Instantor. This allows us to evaluate your loan terms and if possible make a better offer with lower interest rate and monthly payment.
Credit analysis may take up to 1 day and we are reviewing loan applications 7 days a week. After that you will receive the final loan offer, which you need to confirm by signing the loan agreement. We make the payment order instantly. Depending on the bank, the transfer normally takes 1-3 workdays
How do I verify my bank account via Trustly?
We require bank account verification before a loan can be approved. We want to make sure that a true person is behind each loan application and that later we will send money to a correct bank account.
Verifying your bank account by Trustly is safe and fast. Trustly establishes a secure connection to your online banking, without leaving the website.How to verify your bank account via Trustly
It is free and you don’t have to register. You just need your login details to identify yourself with Trustly. Depending on a bank other identification methods are also supported.
- Choose your bank and log in to it;
- Select a bank account (this is also the account to which your loan amount will be later transferred);
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
We assure you that we will not have access to your login details for your online banking.
You cannot verify your bank account via Trustly if:
- your bank is not on the list of Trustly banks;
- an identification method you use to log in to your online banking is not supported by Trustly;
- a bank account you are trying to verify is a credit one and connected with your credit card;
- a bank account has two or more registered users;
- a bank account is registered with a minor;
- you do not have online banking.
Unfortunately, if a bank account cannot be verified via Trustly, it is not possible to apply for a loan. We are constantly trying to support more banks and other identification methods, so we welcome you to apply again later.
Why do I need to provide my bank statement via Instantor?
By providing your bank statement, we can evaluate your loan terms and if possible make a better offer with lower interest rate and monthly payment. Instantor is a service you can use to upload your bank statements quickly and easily with just a few clicks.
Instantor is as safe as your internet bank and used daily by millions of people. No more hassle, no scanning your bank statements, just log in with your bank details and your last 3 months bank statements will be uploaded automatically in seconds, after which you can continue your loan application.
Instantor is very easy and safe to use. This is how it works:
- Choose your bank and log in to it. If your bank is not on the list, then unfortunately it is not possible to apply for a loan (we are constantly trying to support more banks, so we welcome you to apply again later);
- Get an answer right away
What should I do if I am not satisfied with loan offers received?
Loan offers sent to you by e-mail are only the three best offers that were prepared automatically taking into account the information provided by you and the available financing from investors.
If you are not satisfied with the terms and/or amounts, you need to log into your account on our website.
There you can choose a different amount and/or term from those available for you, dragging the corresponding "sliders" below the three offers.
You can also cancel the current application and submit a new one by providing additional information about your income and financial obligations, if you did not do this when submitting the initial application.
We remind you that a decision regarding each particular application, as well as the amount of a loan that can be offered to you, directly depends on your financial situation, including your income level, loans already granted to you in Bondora, and other financial obligations.
How do I cancel my loan application?
If you have an incomplete loan application, it will expire in 24 hours and will be automatically cancelled. But you can always continue your loan application to get a great loan offer.
How and when I get my money?
After you agree with the final loan agreement, payment order is made automatically. Depending on the bank, the transfer normally takes 1-3 workdays. During holidays and weekends transfers might take more time.
Please make sure you read the final loan agreement carefully, since loan terms might have changed from the initial offer.
NB! If your registered personal bank account has been changed or closed, please contact our customer support immediately.
Can I get a second loan if I already have one in Bondora?
If you already have one loan in Bondora, you can apply for a new one if:
- you have already made at least 2 consecutive monthly payments according to the most recent schedule;
- you have no debt in Bondora;
- you have a credit limit available (and this limit is more or equal to 500 euro, which is a minimum loan amount indicated on Bondora platform).
We remind that in general in order to apply for a loan you must:
- Be in paid employment with sufficient income to cover all monthly expenses;
- Not have a history of bad credit such as arrears, default, bankruptcy or an open enforcement proceeding;
- Not have a history of gambling problems;
- Be at least 21 years old.
If a loan application has been rejected, in your Bondora account you will see a date starting from which you can apply for a new loan again (unless we cannot provide a loan at all).
What is refinancing?
Bondora offers an option of refinancing your other loans into one single loan. So instead of making payments to many places you have only one loan to worry about. This might also allow you to save on bank fees.
Read more about refinancing: What is refinancing? What kind of loans would it be wise to refinance?
In order to get a personal offer, you need to submit a loan application.
However, we do not offer refinancing of your existing Bondora loans.
How do I repay my loan?
Loan repayments are fixed monthly payments made according to the loan schedule. Monthly payments are deducted automatically from your Bondora account on the night of the payment date.
You must make sure you have sufficient available funds on your Bondora account on your scheduled loan repayment dates. Bondora will also send out notifications via e-mail about approaching deadlines.
For different options of repaying back your loan, please refer to “How do I add funds to Bondora account?” section.
Please note that before making the transfer to your Bondora account you should check the payment schedule and any unpaid invoices in your account.
How do I add funds to Bondora account?
To add funds to your Bondora account, log in with your details and click “Add funds” button on dashboard.
You can choose between 3 different ways to add funds to your Bondora Account.
Fastest option is to make payment through Trustly, which makes payment directly from your online bank and your payment is confirmed immediately. It’s secure and free and you don’t have to register. You need your login detail to your online bank to pay with Trustly.
It is important to remember that a reference number should be new (unique) for each new transfer via Trustly. Such reference number will be indicated in Trustly window at the moment of payment.
SEPA payment and payment through your online bank
For SEPA payment and making payment through your online bank, please make sure you specify that the payment is to be made in euros and insert the required details to make a transfer:
- Beneficiary: Bondora AS
- IBAN: EE501010220087930015
- BIC/SWIFT: EEUHEE2X (XXX)
- your reference number and reference text (you can copy these details in the settings of your Bondora account).
When making SEPA payment or payment through your online bank it might take up to 5 business days to transfer funds to your Bondora account. As interest is calculated for each day, it´s better to deposit little bit extra to cover accrued interests while payment reaches Bondora. You can always use unused deposit for next payment or withdraw without extra costs.
Also, please do ask your bank about the exact costs before making the transfer. If your bank also levies a charge on the receiver of the payment, then these charges will be added to your monthly repayments.
How do I withdraw funds from my account?
Please note that you can withdraw money only to the same bank account that you used for bank verification. If your bank account has changed or closed and you would like to register a new account, please contact our customer support by email [email protected].
To withdraw funds from your Bondora account, log in with your details and click “Withdraw” button on dashboard.
You can withdraw funds only to a bank account registered on your name and held at a licensed European credit institution. Please make sure your bank account details are correct before withdrawing.
All withdrawals need to be confirmed with PIN code, which is sent to your registered phone number. If your phone number has changed or closed and you would like to register a new number, please contact our customer support by email [email protected].
Where can I see my payment schedule?
Log in to your Bondora account and find “LOANS” section. Click on “More info” button next to a loan, which you want to see the schedule for.
Click on “Future schedule” button to see the whole schedule for current loan. To see all made payments click on “Schedule of made payments”.
In case you have many loans, you can click also on “Payment schedule” button below the loan information table. From there you can see the combined payment schedules for all your active loans.
How do I cancel my loan within 14 days of agreeing with contracts?
If you are repaying your loan fully within 14 days from the loan issue date, you are not required to pay a contract fee. After 14 days have passed, a contract fee will be applied.
You need to have sufficient funds on your Bondora account to cover the principal loan amount and the accrued interest charge for each day that has passed since the loan issue date. You can always withdraw any excess amount back to your personal bank account afterwards, so it is better to add a little more.
To cancel your loan within 14 days, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Bondora account and find “LOANS” section. Click on “More info” button next to a loan, which you want to cancel.
- Click on “Cancel loan” tab and add a tick to box to confirm your choice. After that click on “Cancel loan” red button. Make sure that you have enough funds on your account, before you cancel the loan.
How do I repay my loan early?
When loan has been signed more than 14 days ago, there are two possibilities to repay a loan early: you can repay it fully or partially.
Log in to your Bondora account and find “LOANS” section. Click on “More info” button next to a loan, which you want to repay fully.
You need to make sure you have sufficient funds in order to cover the whole loan amount, which will be shown on the screen. Click "Sign" to confirm you are ready to proceed with the loan repayment. Sign a contract by clicking "I agree" and follow further instructions to finish early loan repayment.
To partially repay a loan early, log in to your Bondora account and find “LOANS” section. Click on “More info” button next to a loan, which you want to repay partially.
Choose „Part of the loan amount“. Enter the chosen amount. Money needs to be on your account before you can move on. You can also choose a new loan period – if you leave this option blank, then your previous loan period is used to calculate new schedule.
Click "Show new schedule" to review your new payment schedule and click „Sign“ button to agree with new loan schedule and finalize partial repayment.
Note that early and partial repayment need to be confirmed with PIN code, which is sent to your registered phone number. If your phone number has changed or closed and you would like to register a new number, please contact our customer support by email [email protected].
How do I apply for a new payment schedule? B Secure service
If you would like to apply for a new payment schedule, you need to log in to your Bondora account, find “ADDITIONAL SERVICES” section and select "B Secure".
Make sure you read through whole terms and conditions section, you can do that by clicking on “Find out more” button.
The B secure service comes with a monthly fee of 10€, regardless of the number of active loans:
- this fee is added to the monthly repayment amounts;
- it is deducted automatically from your Bondora account each month on the payment date according to the repayment schedule. Please ensure that there are enough funds on your Bondora account to pay for B Secure with your monthly payments;
- after agreeing with B Secure terms and conditions, the first fee for B Secure is payable with the next repayment, regardless of any changes that may or may not have been made;
- the fee for B Secure is also charged during a principal payment holiday;
- B Secure applies to all your existing and future loan agreements and cannot be stopped before the end of the last active loan agreement.
With B Secure you can:
- Take a principal payment holiday (NB! During this period you will still need to pay interests and commissions);
- Change the length of the loan schedule to make it shorter or longer;
- Change the monthly payment date.
You don't have to select all the options at the same time.
If you leave any option empty, then current value remains. E.g. if you don´t choose a new payment date, then previous payment date is used for new schedule as well.Confirming new schedule
After you have inserted all the changes you want to make you need to:
- check the new schedule by clicking "Show new schedule",
- if it suits you, click "Sign" to agree with it,
- follow instructions to sign the agreement.
You can apply for a new payment schedule with B Secure if:
1. You have made at least 1 full monthly payment according to the current schedule;
- if you have just received a loan recently, you can make changes only after the first monthly payment according to this new contract is paid in full (even if you have several loans);
- if you have already used B Secure before and just changed your payment schedule, the first monthly payment according to this new schedule must be paid in full;
2. You can’t use B Secure if Bondora exercises the right to cancel all your active loan agreements and demand back the whole loan amount(s) in debt.
Note that if you have any unpaid fees, interests or other debts (including the fee for B Secure) at the time of making changes to the repayment schedule (either changing the monthly payment, taking a payment holiday or changing the length of your repayment schedule), you must pay all unpaid expenses with the first payment of the new repayment schedule.Cancelling B Secure
- If you have used B Secure service and have made any change to your payment schedule, B Secure service cannot be cancelled until the end of the last active loan agreement;
- If you have not made any changes to your payment schedule using B Secure service after its activation, you can send a request about its cancellation to our customer support by email [email protected]. It's important to remember that in this case you may need to pay one more invoice for this service, since it becomes deactivated within 30 days after its cancellation.
What will happen if I have trouble paying back the loan?
If you expect that you might run into trouble paying back the loan on time, we recommend that you purchase "B Secure" - a paid service, which borrowers can use to change their payment schedule.
To read more about B Secure, please refer to the question „How do I apply for a new payment schedule?" in our loan guide.
Automatic reminders notify users about an upcoming payment date. If a payment date is missed, automated debt notifications go out on the next day after the debt occurs and every seven days thereafter. In case a loan is overdue for more than 14 days, a letter will be sent out by regular mail. Some debt notifications are subject to an additional fee. Please refer to the fees page to learn more.
If a customer does not cover the debt amount in a month’s time, we can publish the customer’s personal details in a local default register. The information on the customer’s payment default will be available to banks, consumer finance companies, mobile operators, and other companies selling goods and services on credit. Such negative information is likely to hinder the customer’s chances of getting loans and buying goods or services on credit for a number of years to come. The information will be available to other companies for several years after the debt has been cleared.
If you are still late with your loan repayments after reoccurring notifications, Bondora must cancel the loan agreement and will turn to local debt collection agencies on the 75th debt day. Debt collection agencies will start recovery processes and any further repayment agreements must be made with them.
If a debt is not repaid, we are forced to take the following actions:
we will publish the debtor’s details in a public credit registry;
we will cancel the loan agreement schedule and the whole loan turns into a payable debt, including principal and interest payments;
to recover the debt, we will turn to debt collection agencies;
to recover the debt we will turn to courts if necessary;
in case of a court decision, we will turn to a bailiff for enforcement proceedings.
If we are forced to turn to a court and the court decides that the debtor must repay the debt, we will turn to bailiffs for enforcement proceedings. Bailiffs have the capacity to seize debtors’ accounts, assets and income.
How is my personal information protected?
The data submitted to Bondora is confidential and stored in highly secure servers, which can be accessed via restricted security measures.
What to do if I can't remember my password?
- Open Bondora homepage and click “Secure sign-in” button on top right corner. Click on the link below the “Log in” button if you do not remember your password.
- Type in your registered email and click “Send” button. Check your e-mail for the link for resetting your email. Please check the spelling of your e-mail.
- We will send you the e-mail with further instructions. If you do not receive the e-mail, please check your spam folder, as the email might be there. Please confirm the request for resetting your password by clicking on the link “Confirm this request”.
How do I change my contact details?
Log in to your account and click on your name in the top right corner. From a drop-down list choose „My account“. Update personal details such as an e-mail address or contact language. Save the changes and you will receive a confirmation email shortly.
In order to change your mobile phone number, type in your new number and click "Save" button. In the next step you will need to start verification process via Trustly. Your bank account will not be charged.
If you cannot change phone number in your Bondora account, please send an email to [email protected] and attach an invoice for mobile services issued within last three (3) months, where your full name is indicated, as well as new phone number and invoicing date.
If you want to change your home address, please send an email to [email protected] and attach an invoice (for utilities, landline, internet, etc.) issued on your name within last three (3) months and containing your full name, new home address and date.
You can send a registration certificate or any other document that proves a purchase or rent of that real estate.
You can also change your password on the same page. Add your current and new password and click “Change password”. You will receive a confirmation e-mail shortly. If you are in the process of applying for a loan, then you can change your password by clicking on the "wheel" icon on the top right corner after you have logged in with your details.
If you would like to change any other information, please send an e-mail to [email protected].
What to do if I cannot access my old email?
- Open Bondora homepage and click “Secure sign-in” button in the top right corner. Click on the button "Cannot access your current Email?" at the bottom of pop-up window.
- You'll be redirected to another page to reset your email. Type in your email address and mobile phone number which were used for registering your account in Bondora, your ID number as well as your new email address, so that we can verify the data and allow the change. Please check the spelling of your new email address. Click "Send" button.
- The data will be verified automatically via Trustly, so please make sure that in the bank where you have your account your personal data (first and last name, ID number and home address) are correct and updated.
- After sending us this data you will receive an email with further instructions on how to reset your email address.
How can I change a bank account number in my Bondora account?
In order to change your bank account number, please log in to your Bondora account and make necessary modifications.
You will need to verify your new bank account via Trustly. It is free and you don’t have to register. You just need login details to access your online-bank. Depending on a bank other identification methods are also supported.
Once Trustly establishes a secure connection to your online banking:
- Choose your bank and log in to it;
- Select an account which you want to link to your Bondora account;
- Follow instructions on the screen.
Please make sure that in your bank where you have this new account your personal details (first and last names, ID number and home address) are correct and updated.
If your bank is not in the list of banks supported by Trustly, unfortunately we cannot change your bank account number in our system, as we cannot verify it automatically.
In this case in order to cover monthly payments you still can add money to your Bondora account via SEPA payment or payment through your online bank.
How can I close my Bondora account?
We can close your Bondora account and delete your contact details from our subscription list.
However, if you have completed identification process via Trustly, your account will be closed permanently and in future you will not be able to apply for a loan in Bondora.
If you agree to these terms, please send an email to our customer support [email protected]ndora.com, confirming that you want to close your Bondora account permanently.
We inform you that since Bondora is an authorized and regulated credit institution, in addition to the General Data Protection Regulations, we must comply with the requirements of national legislation regarding credit institutions, as well as money laundering and financial terrorism. Therefore, we can not delete from our database your data used for your identification, checks against fraud and money laundering, evaluation of your creditworthiness, as well as other data related to payment behavior.